2018 BISTRO AWARDS TRIVIA TIME!
In Broadway’s The Wiz, André de Shields shared the stage with another recent Bistro Award recipient. Who is he/she?
Answer: Dee Dee Bridgewater
2. Which of this year’s Bistro honorees has long held a day job that inspired the theme and even the title of his or her 2017 cabaret show?
A. Two possible answers: Marta Sanders, a longtime tour guide; her show was called Follow Me; also Dan Ruth, actor/bartender; his show is called Life Behind Bars.
3. Which past Bistro Award-winning director worked last year with three of
this year’s nominated performers?
A. Lina Koutrakos
4. André De Shields made his Broadway debut in which cult sci-fi play?
A. Warp (1973) by Stuart Gordon and Bury St. Edmund (pen name of Lenny Kleinfeld)
5. Among this year’s honorees, who can be heard on the soundtrack for HBO’s Boardwalk Empire?
A. Peter and Will Anderson
6. Which of this year’s winners has been a TED Speaker?
A. Rachelle Garniez
7. Which 2018 recipient appears in a film about James Dean?
A. Jeff Harnar, who can be seen as the nightclub singer in Joshua Tree 1951: A Portrait of James Dean (Iconoclast Films)
8. Which two of this year’s winners have received Tony and Drama Desk nominations?
A. André De Shields, Charles Repole
9. Which of this year’s honorees frequently performs accompanied by only a bass?
A. Sheila Jordan
10. Rachelle Garniez is a member of which vocal trio dedicated to the
songs of Tom Waits?
A. Vicki Kristina Barcelona