Winner of the 4th Annual Bistro Award Trivia Contest is:
Musical Director, pianist, and two-time Bistro Award winner David Maiocco, his 2nd win in a row!
Here are the questions and answers to which David scored 12/12.
1) What famous film actor is a centerpiece of Patrick Swailes Caldwell’s The Circus Has Been Cancelled?
2) Of which 2019 Bistro honoree did Johnny Carson say, “She’s going to be a big talent and a big star, that young lady”?
3) This 2019 Bistro Awards honoree can be heard on the soundtracks of the films Sophie’s Choice and Bullets Over Broadway.
4) Which former Bistro Award winner was Ricky Ritzel’s partner in the classic cabaret show 1938?
5) Which of this year’s winners was educated at Vassar and now teaches at Fordham University?
Daniel Alexander Jones
6) Frances Ruffelle appeared in a 2006 revue celebrating the music of this composer, who was a presenter at the 2014 Bistro Awards gala.
7) Which of this year’s honorees has the same first name as one of last year’s winners, and performed a somewhat similar New Jersey-centric winning show?
Lisa Viggiano (Lisa Yaeger, 2018 Bistro winner)
8) Shirley Crabbe performed a tribute show to which music icon at the Metropolitan Room?
9) Which 2019 Bistro honoree played the drums at the Public Theater and in what production?
Luba Mason in Girl From the North Country
10) Which 2019 Bistro Awards honoree sang in support of the candidacy of Virginia’s Abigail Spanberger, who was elected to Congress in 2018?
11) At which now departed cabaret/restaurant did New Yorkers first encounter the beaming energy and warmth of Sidney Myer as he greeted them each evening?
Panache at The Magic Pan
12) Which 2019 Bistro winner was a runner-up in the Miss Virginia USA pageant?